We’ve been working on a new website at Calvary — well mostly Lauren, our communications director has been working on a new website at Calvary. But for my part, she asked me to do some updating of some of our vision stuff, so I’ve been thinking about church without walls — c-wow. That’s our vision at Calvary. We want to build a church without walls so that people can find life without walls. But I still like the words gave me a number of years ago, so I thought I would share them again.
– Envision a community of people living a life so extraordinary — at work, in the neighborhood, at school — that it’s like a light shining in the darkness, living life and giving life in such a way that a whole region is being transformed.
– Envision a community of people with open hearts who extend open hands to bring wholeness to the broken, comfort to the grieving, and help to those in need.
– Envision a community founded on the stability of truth and understanding the power of grace–a community that regularly experiences a sense of awe because of God’s Good Deeds being done in and through people.
– Envision a community where people come from all over the world to find their calling, get equipped for life, and go out to transform the world through life-giving connections.
– Envision a community so passionate about Jesus Christ and the glory of God that God doesn’t just visit their community, He pitches His tent.
And that’s where it starts… a passion for Jesus and the glory of God so full and vibrant, that God doesn’t just visit our community…he pitches a tent. He settles in for the long haul. It starts in an on-going encounter with Jesus that leads to an overwhelming sense of the presence of God.
What would it look like, if we built that kind of church in this kind of place?