My Long Hair
So… if you attend Calvary you know that my hair is getting long. Few weekends go by that someone doesn’t mention it — her name is Lynn. :) So just for fun I thought I would blog about my hair. So some of you might be wondering…
– Is he having a mid-life crisis? Nope probably won’t live till I’m 94 — think I’m past mid-life. Besides if it was a mid-life crisis, long hair is definitely cheaper than a convertible sports car, right? :)
– Is he trying to appeal to the younger crowd at Calvary? Wrong again. I just spent 3 days at Catalyst a conference for next generation pastors. 12,000 attended about 10,000 were under the age of 30. And about 11,000 had short hair and square glasses — different variations of the theme you see. In fact I wonder if I’ve ever seen so many guys under the age of 30 with shaved heads. I think there were three of us there with hair down past our collars and two of them were lead singers leading worship.
– So I’m trying to be a rock star? Nope. Though I have to say, my singing has been known to make girls scream. That’s all I’ll say there.
– Does Lynn like it? She and my daughters all agree. They feel exactly the same way about it.
– So why are you doing it? Hhmmn. I could give a number of potential reasons from Nazarite vow (see Samson) to saving money on haircuts, but not everything has a reason. Maybe I just like being a little weird.
– Will you ever cut it? Well sure. It would be a little weird if I never cut it. Oops.
– When? So you know I have this old jeep, soft top. I love it, one of my favorite vehicles ever, and I have this vision in my mind of driving through the PA mountains and valleys, fall colors full palate, soft-top down, wind blowing through my hair.
So Lynn is praying for a warm weather Monday (my day off). You can join her, if you like. :) :) :)
Dan, I’ve tried to corner the SC ministerial market on weird.
“Normal” is your assignment, if you choose to accept it.
BTW, can’t wait to see the beard…and the long flowing gown.:)
When it gets to that point… we’ll all drink the kool-aid… meanwhile we all get to be a little weird once in a while. :)