Last week at our Midtown Gathering, I had the chance to meet a young lady from Haiti. Her father is a pastor. She attends PSU. Her brother is a junior in high school in Port au Prince. Their house was destroyed and their church was destroyed. They are sleeping outside in their lawn and having church wherever people can gather. It wasn’t on our initial list of places to help, but you were so generous that we will be able to help her family. I just want to say thank you to the Calvary community — in the last two weeks you have given over $18,000 to help give Haiti Hope. Your money has…
- – Gone to pastors who have lost homes.
- – Helped with medical relief.
- – Sent 100,000 meals.
- – Given compassion to kids in a Haitian orphanage.
UPCOMING OPPORTUNITIES TO HELP
1) Through our partnership with GAIN (Global Aid Network) sometime in February (likely the last weekend) we will have an opportunity to give some more hands on aid. GAIN will be looking for a team to come down and help pack meals of bean and rice which will go to Haiti.
2) Through contacts we are currently researching we are hoping to be able to offer the opportunity for a handful of people to go to Haiti. This will likely not happen till March at the earliest.
As we get clarity on what we can do, we will give you more information, meanwhile continue to pray! The video below will give you some sense of what one portion of our money is helping accomplish through our own network of churches called Converge.